There are two ways to enjoy Goodness Cooks…
1. Simply place an order any week you like! Then either pick-up or have it delivered on Tuesday evenings.
With no subscription or minimum amount to order, you can enjoy GC week-to-week based on your unique needs. Whether you choose to pick-up or have it delivered, you’ll receive our delicious food packaged in recyclable hard plastic deli and compostable containers, ready for you to reheat and enjoy.
2. Become a member of our Eco-Program!
Our mission is to reduce our environmental imprint by using reusable glass jars for the majority of our menu items. To support this cause, simply pay a one-time $50 fee and your food will be packaged in glass mason jars instead of plastic. You can still choose to either pick-up or have your order delivered Tuesday evenings (see below for the delivery protocol of the jars). There are still no requirements to order every week – just order and pick-up as needed!
We ask that you wash your jars, place the lids back on, and return the jars at each pick-up or upon delivery. We sanitize the jars in accordance with the safety protocols of our local health department and put them back into the reservoir of jars we will use to package the following week. You do not own your set of jars, you simply buy into the glass jar program and we handle the rest! Your fee goes toward purchasing jars and replacement lids and pays for the time and labor required to run this program.
Ordering for our new weekly menu will open on Thursday evenings. (To subscribe to our weekly mailing list and be alerted as soon as we post the menu, head to the sign-up form at the bottom of our homepage or email us at email@example.com.)
***Ordering closes Saturday night at midnight.***
If you miss the deadline, reach out to us via email and we’ll see if we can fit you in.
PICK-UP OR DELIVERY
Pick-up is Tuesdays from 5:00 to 6:30pm at Blue Dogwood in downtown Chapel Hill at 306 W Franklin St. We prefer that you use the back parking lot to pick-up. This entrance is located right next to the Key Food Mart convenience store on Rosemary St. (Look for the brick building with black shutters.) Detailed pick-up instructions will be sent each week to all those that order.
We are proud to be offering delivery in partnership with Across The Board Food Delivery on Tuesday evenings. Here’s what you need to know:
- At checkout, enter your address to see if you are within the delivery zone, within 12 miles of Blue Dogwood Public Market. If you are, a delivery option will appear with the fee for that distance, which is on a sliding scale, from $8.50 – $12.50. Simply click on “delivery” and continue to payment.
- Your order will arrive anywhere from 4:45-7:00pm on Tuesday evening. The driver will ring the doorbell to let you know your order has arrived.
- Your order will NOT be delivered in a bag because we always strive to avoid single-use items and unnecessary waste when possible. The driver will place your items on your front step, so having a box or cooler laid out is a good idea.
- For Eco Members: Please leave your clean, empty jars on the porch ahead of time so that the driver can easily find them. This is where having a box sitting on the porch would be very helpful! The driver will pack the jars in one of our re-useable bags and deliver them back to us at the end of night.
Want to know more? View our frequently asked questions.